GUIDELINES FOR APPLYING FOR ASSISTANCE
The Lindsay Foundation is dedicated to assisting families that have children who have been diagnosed with long-term catastrophic illnesses, have not reached the age of 18 years, and reside at home. Grants are awarded based on the child’s need, not the family’s income.
We provide assistance with (but not limited to) the following:
- Rehabilitative equipment
- Seating systems, Strollers, Transport chairs
- Communication Devices (excluding iPads)
- Physical Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Some Medical Supplies not covered by insurance.
- Medical Procedures on a case-by-case basis.
Assistance that does NOT fall within our guidelines (but not limited to) is as follows:
- Over the age of 17
- Outside of the United States
- Pre-existing medical expenses
- Deductibles and co-pays
- Diagnostic Services
- Service Animals
- Vehicles and Modifications to Vehicles
- Residential Modifications
- Travel Expenses
- Mental / Behavioral Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Vision Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Educational needs
- Personal care items such as diapers, bed pads, etc.
- Medicines / Prescriptions
- Donations to Fundraising Pages (GoFundMe, etc.)
We do not post our Application for Assistance to our website. We prefer that you contact us via email and allow us to confirm your eligibility before sending you the form. This saves time for both you and for us.